Saturday 20 October 2007

And all who sail in Her


Ooooh My Gawd, that was spectacular wasn’t it. I had such a great night, you lot blew me away! The Heels gig was very much fun, with the clapping and the dancing, and Bob himself on such fine form. I feel very lucky to be bass player in such a fine band. Then for the Bruise set, we got such a warm welcome. So many people liked the dress and told me so, I felt very lovely. I do enjoy transforming from bass player to front man (though obviously not a man last night), there’s something superhero-ish about it. Because the new album has much more or an acoustic feel we wanted to start with a few tracks with just two guitars and that felt so good to me, a lovely response to three fragile songs. Then Bob the Bass came onstage and I slipped on the Strat, now that felt great with Don’t Make Me Wait and Mr Rat. Thank you Ian for your constant appreciation of that song and Josie for pointing out that gold high heals may look great but when you can’t hit your Wah-Wah first go, the shoes have got to go. I’m going to skip over the tuning debacle except to thank Steve Morrison for translating for me and those of you who said you enjoyed it, you are sick and twisted human beings and I like you very much! We really had a magnificent time, the last few songs…the encore….the big cheer for my guitar solo. A super launching for Nobody Else, God bless Her and all who sail in Her, eh?

PS John, Sean, Judy, Jess and Brian, special thanks!

No comments: